8 Tips on the Art of Changing Yourself
By Moises Reconalla
Success can be obtain if you continue improving yourself into a better and productive individual. According to Eleonore Roosevelt "the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" and Calvin Coolidge added, "persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" and the best key for me to become successful in life!
1. Man alone, of all the creatures of earth, can change his own pattern. Man alone is architect of his destiny.
2. William James declared that the greatest revolution in his generation was the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.
3. History and literature are full of examples of the miracle of change. Do you know the Persian story of the hunchback prince who became straight and tall by standing each day before a statue of himself made straight?
4. Change requires the substituting of new habits for old. You mold your character and future by your thoughts and acts. John Maxwell, my favorite author in leadership books adviced that if you really want to change your negative attitude into a positive one, start right now "say the right words, read the good books, listen to a good music ".
5. Change can advanced by associating with men with whom you can walk among the stars (Proverbs 23:20).
6. Change can be inspired by selecting your own spritual ancestors from among the great of all ages. You can practice the kindness of Jesus, the great teacher and preacher of all times, Abraham Linclon, the vision of Benjamin Franklin and gentleman and pariotism character of Dr, Jose Rizal and Andres Bonifacio.
7. Change can be achieved by changing your environment. Let go of lower things and reach the higher.
Sorround yourself with the best in books, people, music and art.
8. Change can be accomplished most of all through the power of prayers, because with God all things are possible.
Conclusion: If you will make God as the center of your life...God promised, He ..."will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commandments of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom " (Deut. 28:11-13).
WISHING YOU HEALTH & HAPPINESS. MAJOR (R) KHALID NASR